"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
“A Little Rain Must Fall”
This is my poem in celebration of learning the true definition of love.
And that a little rain must fall.
And all the pain it took to finally understand.
This poem is for my mother,
Who works during the summer to be able to give us the extras.
Whose passion is to educate those who have needs that most of us cannot understand.
And when the rain came, she put up her umbrella and cried.
This poem is for my brothers,
Who are also learning the definition of love the hard way,
being soaked by every rain storm that passes through,
And when the rain came, they looked up to the sky and tried to understand.
This poem is for my father,
Who was hit by a distracted driver on his way to work,
to make money for his three children.
Whose life was turned upside down in that single moment.
Who has been viewed as expendable.
Who survived a risky brain surgery.
Who still struggles with pain, and guilt every day.
And when the rain came, he put up his umbrella and stomped through it.
This is for Jeri Anderson,
Who played with her grandchildren as if she was still a child herself.
Who was diagnosed with brain and lung cancer.
Who died before she could see her five grandchildren grow up.
Whose passion for life courses through my veins.
And when the rain came, she put up her umbrella and laughed at it.
This poem is against working too hard, brain tumors and missing grandmothers.
This is a poem to say that “life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain”.
I lived with pain,
but I always had the necessities
and maybe some luxuries,
but most importantly, I had love.
And when the rain came, I danced while I cried with the sky.
Understand, I know exactly what I got
a family, love
and a knowledge of true pain.
And a chance to learn the definition of love through all of the rain storms.
I will not let my pain drown me,
I will not take love for granted.
And I intend to dance in the rain, every chance I get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment